Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Since I can’t be with my clients 24/7, I usually suggest a few apps that they can put on their smart phones to use throughout the day. Here are a few of the ones that I suggest (unless otherwise stated, you can find them for both iPhone and Android):
1. Mindshift – an app which is useful for those suffering from anxiety issues. http://www.anxietybc.com/mobile-app (free)
2. Positive Discipline – for all your parenting needs. This app has a set of cards to help you think through possible parenting solutions.
http://www.positivediscipline.com/positive-discipline-iphone-app.html (not free)
3. Relax Melodies – great for when you need a bit of help falling asleep. You can set a timer for the soft sounds which is a bonus. (free)
4. Breathe2Relax – useful for learning to slow down your breathing
5. Depression Check – helps you check the symptomology and whether they are getting better or worse. iPhone only.
6. Depression CBT Self-Help – an Android only app that gives you the CBT tools for depressive symptoms. Android only.
7. Recovery Record – a useful app for those who are in recovery from an eating disorder or who are struggling with disordered eating/emotional eating. http://www.recoveryrecord.com (free)